These top five activities are sure to make your summer trip to Avila Beach a memorable one! Which activities would you add to the list?
- Visit the Point San Luis Lighthouse– one of the best-kept secrets on the Central Coast! A hidden gem outside of Avila Beach, and a fun day adventure for the whole family. If you are looking for something new and unique to do on the Central Coast consider a tour of the Port San Luis Lighthouse. A must do for tourists and locals alike.
- Explore the Avila Beach & Valley Wine Region. Escape the everyday as you navigate the windy roads of Avila Valley and uncover the region’s charming wineries, all famous for their award-winning wines. Downtown wine tasting rooms, See Canyon and Avila Valley wineries comprise Award Winning wineries and wine tasting options within five minutes from the beach in the Avila Beach area.
- Experience the ocean, not just the beach, at the Central Coast Aquarium! SEA marine life up close and personal, engage with our amazing animals and learn about their local habitats and ecosystems. Take a docent led tour, request a private tour or sign up for one of their feeding tours.
- Enjoy a spa day with our natural hot springs! Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows. Their historic resort is the ideal environment to refresh, renew and restore one’s mind, body and spirit.
- It’s Tee-Time! Visit the Avila Beach Golf Resort and take on the par 71, 6500-yard championship course, nestled in the surrounding hills and on the bay. The front nine is situated within oak-lined valleys. The back nine transverses a tidal estuary. Golfers of all abilities will enjoy the challenge of this scenic course.